Changing Chapters C.I.C
People seek counselling or Psychotherapy for different reasons. It may be that you have suffered a bereavement or loss, feeling low or withdrawn, in distress or anxious, you can’t cope anymore or seeking clarity about changes in your life, behaviour patterns and your relationship with others, or perhaps you have noticed changes in your child’s behaviour patterns at school/home or you just need to talk to someone who will listen to you attentively without feeling, exposed, ashamed, judged or criticised.
You may give us a call and we would be happy to make the journey with you and together we can explore the things that you find difficult that are troubling you.Issues Covered What we offer
- An initial 1 hour assessment/consultation session either at the client’s home, centre or school.
- Regular weekly sessions are offered within 2 weeks of initial assessment, once the therapist and client both agree and are happy to work. Alternative services may be referred as appropriate.
- Weekly 1 hour one-on-one open-ended sessions focused on psychodynamic counselling techniques.
- Short term time limited weekly sessions (8 – 12 sessions).
- Medium to long term weekly sessions (16 – 24 sessions).
- You will be expected to pay for your sessions, including any missed sessions unless 48 hours cancellation notice has been given to your counsellor/therapist. This is to help us maintain your regular appointment time for the duration of your therapy and offer efficient service to all who need it.
- Regular small support groups lasting for 10 weeks (age groups 13-15, 16-18, 25-30+, 35- 55 and 55+).
- Coffee mornings in schools with parents and carers.
- Chill Zone group sessions for children and young people in schools and colleges for open discussion, resolving conflicts, buddy building exercises, building self-confidence and tackling bullying.